- Open the Accuhaler® by holding the outer case in one hand and using the thumb of your other hand to push the thumb grip away until you hear a click. You should now see the mouthpiece.
- Hold the mouthpiece of the Accuhaler® towards you and slide the lever beside the mouthpiece away from you until you hear a click. The makes the dose available to be inhaled.
- Breathe out away from the Accuhaler®. Wrap the mouthpiece with your lips and breathe in steadily as strongly and deeply as you can until your lungs are full as much as you comfortably can.
- Remove the Accuhaler® from your mouth and hold your breath for 5 to 10 seconds or as long as you comfortably can and then breathe out slowly.
- Close the Accuhaler® by sliding the thumb grip back towards you until you hear a click. This will also cover the mouthpiece and lever.
- If you have to take a second dose, wait 30 seconds and repeat steps above.
About the author
Nwasom is a pharmacy graduate and a pharmacist currently practising in the United Kingdom. I have great experience communicating with patients and their family as gained through working as a pharmacist in both the hospital and community pharmacy sector. I love writing so it was a natural thing to try and pass medical and health information on through writing.