- Remove the mouthpiece cover of the inhaler and the Aerochamber® Spacer.
- Shake the inhaler 4 to 5 times while holding it upright and insert into the flat end of the Aerochamber® Spacer.
- Breathe out fully as you comfortable can
- Wrap the mouthpiece of the spacer between your teeth without biting it and seal it with your lips.
- Press the top of the inhaler once to release the dose into the spacer then breath normally five times.
- Remove the Aerochamber® Spacer.from your mouth.
- If you have to take a second dose, wait 30 seconds and repeat the steps above.
- Remove the inhaler from the spacer and replace the inhaler mouthpiece cover
Useful tips on using spacers
- Use the spacer that correctly fits your inhaler.
- Ensure your spacers are washed regularly preferably every fortnight. Follow the instruction on leaflet that comes with the spacers.
- Replace your spacers every 6 to 12 months.
About the author
Nwasom is a pharmacy graduate and a pharmacist currently practising in the United Kingdom. I have great experience communicating with patients and their family as gained through working as a pharmacist in both the hospital and community pharmacy sector. I love writing so it was a natural thing to try and pass medical and health information on through writing.