- Put the two parts of the spacer device together.
- Remove the mouthpiece cover of the inhaler.
- Shake the inhaler 4 to 5 times while holding it upright and insert into the flat end of the Volumatic® spacer.
- Breathe out fully as you comfortable can
- Wrap the mouthpiece of the spacer between your teeth without biting it and seal it with your lips.
- Press the top of the inhaler once to release the dose into the spacer then breath normally five times.
- Remove the spacer from your mouth.
- If you have to take a second dose, wait 30 seconds and repeat the steps above.
- Remove the inhaler from the spacer and replace the inhaler mouthpiece cover
About the author
Nwasom is a pharmacy graduate and a pharmacist currently practising in the United Kingdom. I have great experience communicating with patients and their family as gained through working as a pharmacist in both the hospital and community pharmacy sector. I love writing so it was a natural thing to try and pass medical and health information on through writing.