- Pull the cap upwards.
- To open the mouthpiece, Hold the base of the Zonda® device firmly and pull the mouthpiece upwards.
- Take one capsule from the bottle, close the bottle tightly and put the removed capsule into the capsule-shaped compartment at the base of the inhaler. You should only remove this capsule immediately before use.
- Do not store the capsule in your inhaler and never place a capsule directly on the mouthpiece.
- Close the mouthpiece until you hear a click. Leave the cap open.
- While holding the inhaler with the mouthpiece pointing upwards, Press the button fully once to release it. This should pierce the capsule and release a dose ready to inhale.
- Wrap and seal the mouthpiece with your lips and breathe in steadily as strongly and deeply as you can until your lungs are full or as much as you comfortably can.
- Remove the Zonda® inhaler from your mouth and hold your breath for 5 to 10 seconds or as long as you comfortably can and then breathe out slowly.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8 if required to ensure the capsule is completely emptied.
- Remove the used capsule from the chamber and close the inhaler
About the author
Nwasom is a pharmacy graduate and a pharmacist currently practising in the United Kingdom. I have great experience communicating with patients and their family as gained through working as a pharmacist in both the hospital and community pharmacy sector. I love writing so it was a natural thing to try and pass medical and health information on through writing.